Saturday, April 5, 2008

Riding in the car...

This morning we took a test ride from our house to the pet supply store. We had to get Halle's food and a few odds and ends for Freja, so we decided to bring her along. Instead of putting her in the travel crate I put her on my lap in the back seat of the car. She did very well.

I let her walk around in the pet supply store. I was going to carry her around, but the store just opened and the floors were still shining clean. Actually it's always very clean in there. Anyhow, Freja particularly enjoyed watching the salt water fish. We got Halle's food, a crate pad bed for Freja, a Merrick Bully stick, a Nylabone, and a dog puzzle toy.

On the way home Freja sat next to me in the middle seat in the back seat with her head on my lap. She didn't bark, jump, or otherwise make a fuss at all. In fact, she was starting to fall asleep by the time we got home.

I know that she won't be able to ride in my lap for long, so I am going to look into getting her a seatbelt harness.

No comments: